Friday 15 June 2012

LOVE @ FIRST BITE !!!!!


It was LOVE at FIRST BITE  Black Forest Gateau 


To say I LOVE this cake would be putting it lightly. I Luuuuurv this cake. The first time I tasted this cake was in my home country Zimbabwe when my parents had it delivered to me at school for my 17th birthday.  Now that was a whole decade ago but the love for this cake is still strong. I love the black cherries and the cream and then the decadent chocolate cake.

Now that I have the freedom and the finance to bake all the time, I try resist the temptation to make to make this cake weekly.  So the solution to all my cake cravings is to always make it for my friends.
This past weekend after a long day at work and a tough workout session headed by my brother I embarked on making a black forest gateau for my friend. She had requested this a month ago and I was still trying to find time in my schedule to make it.
I adapted the recipe from http://www.bestmoistchocolaterecipe.com/

Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe:

2 cups self raising flour
2 cups castor sugar
¾ cup cocoa (NOT drinking chocolate or cocoa)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
½  vegetable oil
¾ cup boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Sift all dry ingredients in a boil.
Beat eggs in a separate container, add oil, vanilla, milk.
Mix dry and wet ingredients. 
Add boiled water and mix.
Prepare two 8inch baking tins or desired tin.
Pour mixture in tins and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-40mins depending on oven.
Once the cakes have cooled. Whip some double cream and then add 1 tbsp of confectionary sugar (icing sugar) and mix. Cover the first cake with a layer of black cherry filling (leave some for the top of the cake) and then add a layer of whipped cream. Place the other cake on top and cover the whole cake with whipped cream. Place remaining cherry filling in the middle of the cake.
Decorate with shavings of dark chocolate.






ENJOY!!!
Let me know how your chocolate cake comes out !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment